All incoming instructors begin in provisional status. Provisional status becomes full status once an instructor has gone through a cycle of engagement and review that includes:
- attending the orientation for new instructors,
- submitting a complete file of course materials,
- attending at least one ECE conference,
- having a site visit, and
- engaging with the Faculty Coordinator in a review process.
This process should be completed in the first or second year. See Infographic.
To maintain certification, an instructor must
- submit up-to-date course materials in a timely fashion via the Course Materials Upload form, and
- attend at least one UConn ECE English Conference every two years.